Interactive classroom session:
Training program (8 hours)
- Understanding vehicle safety
- Introduction of the Crash Recovery System (CRS)
- Body and materials in modern vehicles
- Restraint systems
- Alternative propulsion
- Emergency operations with modern technology vehicles using virtual reality training
- Cutting and spreading techniques to cope with modern vehicle technology challenges
- Scenario building
Personal protective equipment is required to attend the practical part of this training.
Cutting techniques at a new car:
Especially during hands-on extrication training, emergency responders are most times faced with the challenge that the vehicles available for training are already several years old and do not represent the current state of vehicle technology.